- Standard oral presentations lasts 12 minutes MAX, followed by 3 minutes of questions and discussion. Invited and keynote speakers have, respectively, 25 and 35 minutes for their talks, followed by 5 and 10 minutes of questions-answers.
- Please do not go beyond your allocated time.
- You can use your own computer as long as it has an HDMI output. Alternatively, a PC laptop will be available for the presentations during the oral sessions. To simplify the process, create a folder on a flash drive called "TERAMETANANO-4" and place your presentation in that folder.
- For those who do not use their own computer, the presentations must be uploaded before the session begins. Someone on site will help with possible technical issues.
- The slide aspect ratio should be 16:9 - wide-screen (recommended). This screen format is mandatory for the oral presentations which will be held at the Roman Theatre in the evening of May 28th and 30th.
- The presentations should have appropriate font size that is legible from the back of the conference room. For those who will make the evening presentations at the Roman theatre, it is strongly recommended not to use font size less than 14 pt.
For those presenting a poster, there will be an Elevator Pitch session held at the Carlo V Castle, during the morning of May the 30th. The poster session will be held in the Arcivescovado of Lecce on the same afternoon.
- ELEVATOR PITCH GUIDELINES
- This session is an opportunity to advertise the poster content to the wide audience of the conference and to the panel of judges.
- Each participant will have only one and a half minute to promote your poster.
- We recommend to use no more than two slides, discuss motivations and results with a very effective focus on the novelty of the work.
- POSTER PRESENTATIONS
- Presenters at the poster session shall bring their own printed posters. It is not possible to print a poster on site.
- The recommended poster size is an A0 (33.1 W x 46.8H inches or 84.1W x 118.9H cm).
- Posters must be hung by the presenters themselves. Materials for placing the posters will be available onsite.
- Posters should be removed upon conclusion of the poster session.
- The best posters will be awarded at the end of the conference on May the 31st.
- During the conference, weather permitting, there will be two outdoor evening sessions at the Roman theatre (which is in the open air). At the moment the weather forecast foresees a minimum temperature of 17 degrees. Therefore, we suggest to be well covered; specially if it is windy, it could be quite chilly outside.
- In the unfortunate event of rain or strong wind the two evening sessions will be held at the castle Carlo V.
The detailed program of the conference, including abstracts, is available on the website. We strongly suggest to download it before arriving at the conference.